Saturday, February 20, 2010

A LIC HOUSING FINANCE SCENE !

.

 

As I reached the Corporate Office of LIC Housing Finance at Mumbai, I had no previously fixed appointments there.  So I met a General Manager whom I knew earlier. Then I wanted to meet Mr. Martin who was another GM there.  I approached his Secretary for an appointment.  I had no work to be done with him except meeting him.  We didn't know each other.

 

His Secretary asked me to wait.  After about ten or fifteen minutes, his Secretary took me to the chamber of Mr. Martin.

 

I just entered his cabin.  As soon as I entered the cabin, Mr. Martin got angry. There was another man standing before him in his cabin.  And he was talking to him. 

 

Mr. Martin got angry with me and asked me to wait outside. 

 

I came out.

 

Then I moved to the chamber of Mr. Subramaniam, Chief General Manager.  Though I was meeting him for the first time, he perhaps knew me earlier.  His predecessor Mr. Joshi must have told him about me.  At the instance of Mr. Joshi I had undertaken a study on the working of housing finance companies in India and submitted a report to him. 

 

Probably this introduction worked well.  I was treated very well by him.  I was warmly received.  Mr. Subramaniam also invited me to have lunch with him and also promptly called his Secretary to arrange the same.  I was naturally a happy man.  Happy also because of the unfortunate experience in the cabin of Mr. Martin.

 

But Mr. Subramaniam received an urgent telephonic call from the Chief Executive of LIC Housing Finance.  Chief Executive is the country head of LIC Housing Finance.  And naturally he had to rush to him. While going Mr. Subramaniam had asked me to wait.

 

I waited in his large chamber.  There was nobody else.  And I could do nothing.  I was a little bored that way.

 

Suddenly, to my surprise Mr. Martin appeared on the scene.  He was the same person who had got angry a little while ago. He occupied one of the seats in the CGM's chamber.

 

Strange it may sound, nevertheless it is a fact.  Yes, Mr. Subramaniam had sent Mr. Martin here to sit with me till he returned!

*** ** *


 


 





Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment