Saturday, February 20, 2010

AN INSURANCE INSTITUTE OF INDIA SCENE !

Then I was interviewing the Secretary General of Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai.  The interview was to be published through the Journal of Insurance Institute of India.  It was also intended to be carried by 'Clarion', a magazine I edited.

 

The morning session went off very well.  Questions and answers.  He was happily giving answers, often allowing sufficient time to note down points. 

 

He had arranged official lunch for me in a nearby luxury hotel.  We left for the hotel for lunch.  We were still to complete the interview.  But he suggested to me that the interview would be continued over lunch.  I agreed.

 

We reached the hotel.  We were immediately taken in to a large luxurious room for the lunch.  Lunch was served.  He had ordered beer. Soon he emptied a bottle.

 

There was silence thereafter.  I tried to talk to him.  No answers.  I tried in vain to make him talk.  Only questions and there were no answers.  He wore a serious face.

 

We finished lunch.  Returned to his office.  But the interview stood unfinished at that point of time and a version had to be carried based on what he said in the forenoon. Afternoon session was got lost due to 'foreign' intervention!

.


 


 





Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment