Sunday, February 21, 2010

Scenes of "HEALTHY" ESCAPES !

"How is your health?  Hope you are keeping fine."  My boss had written an email reply  to me to this meaning.  But I wondered for a moment why he did not say anything specifically about the point raised by me in my letter to him.

 

Concern for health is sometimes voiced in personal letters.  But I have felt that this expression of anxiety about health is not always a genuine one. There is nothing sincere about the same.  It is just mentioned as a matter of formality to conclude a letter. 

 

I have also felt sometimes that this expression is employed as escapism also.  Just when you do not have anything to say or you wish to avoid saying something, you can merely enquire about health and close your letter.

 

The other day I was talking to a friend of mine over phone.  It was noon time.  He had only returned home after a hectic session of work in the morning as he told me. Before I could start, he wanted to end the conversation.

 

He said, "what's news.  How's your health.  Convey regards to all at home".

 

I sensed his mood.

.

On another occasion, no concern for health was voiced.  I just didn't get any reply.  He was looking at the wall clock.

 

Again I judged the mood and quietly left the place.   

 

 

 

 





Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment